Elks Grand Lodge Americanism Essay Contest
2019-2020 Grand Lodge Americanism Essay Contest
"What Does Freedom of Speech Mean to Me?"
Grand Lodge is pleased to announce that Members of the Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee have selected the theme, "What Does Freedom of Speech Mean to Me" for the 2019-2020 Grand Lodge Americanism Essay Contest. The contest starts with the Lodcal Lodges, progresses through the District and State levels, and ends with the naming of our National Winners at the Grand Lodge Session in Baltimore, Maryland in July 2020. This very important Patriotic Contest gives school children in grades 5-8 the opportunity to express views on thier pride in America.
Nationally, first-place, second-place, and third-place winners in each division will receive bronze plaques. Many Lodges, Districts, and State Associations also may offer different types of awards to thier winners.
This contest is most important because it involves school children showing them Americanism at its best. THe contest also demonstrates that Members of our Lodge are proud to be Americans, Proud to beElks, and proud to participate in the Americanism programs of Grand Lodge.
- Eligible participats must be students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typted or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written or typed by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Essay should be submitted to the local Elks Lodge on or before December 15th, 2019. The Essay Contest Cover Sheet must be completed for each level of competition and remain attached to the Essay.
Sponsoring Elks Lodge: Oglesby Elks Lodge #2360
Address: PO Box 11 Ohio IL 61349
Contact Person: Lisa Fultz
Phone No: 815-876-0696 or firstname.lastname@example.org